The job of estimator for construction reviews project documents and establishes pricing for all of the projects in a specific geographic area. They are also responsible for reviewing project specifications and working in close collaboration with the Senior Estimator when performing their duties. The estimator for construction also assists the superintendent and project manager with the overall plan of construction, solicits and obtains bids from subcontractors, prepares the contract agenda of values for authorization by the superintendent and project manager, and helps prepare the start and finish checklists.
Other activities performed by the estimator for construction include securing subcontracts and purchase order agreements, assisting the project manager in creating a monthly snapshot report, and assisting the superintendent in ensuring the project meets all contract requirements. This job requires the estimator to maintain outstanding relationships with the architect, owner, subcontractors, engineers, municipal authorities, suppliers, and company personnel working on the project. Documenting a potential schedule delay and notifying a supervisor promptly is another essential task performed by the estimator.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
• Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
• Must be proficient in Procore and Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
Your application was submitted successfully.